Monday, August 5, 2013

PART I: LEAVING THE STATES AND MINOR MALFUNCTIONS (8/4)

My parents and I arrived at the Ithaca airport at about 2:30 for my 4:13 flight to Philadelphia. Unfortunately a small scratch on the plane's fuselage required a mechanic's report even though it was not repaired or affected flight. Because it was Sunday, the closest mechanic had to drive all the way from Syracuse. We eventually left the ground at 7:15, three hours late. Because I had missed my connection at this point I was rebooked to fly to Venice through Frankfurt because it is an equidistant train ride to my ultimate destination, Osservatorio Geologico di Coldigioco (OGC).


Sunset as we approach Philadelphia.

With my next flight scheduled to leave Philadelphia at 8:30, I had planned for a sprint across the airport but when I got to the gate I found that this plane was also delayed. Because this would mean I would miss my final connection in Frankfurt as well I was again rebooked to fly to Rome. Once this plane finally took off at 10:30 I was able to settle in and take a nap on the surprisingly empty flight. Two seats to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment